Make this easy chicken marinade ahead of a barbecue or before grilling. It brings a lovely vibrant, herby flavour with a hint of garlic to season the meat
- 1 pack coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 pack flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil
- Put all of the ingredients except the oil in a small food processor and blitz until very finely chopped. Alternatively, chop up all the herbs and garlic with a knife then stir in the vinegar. Add the oil, stir and season well with salt and pepper.
- This is enough for 500g of chicken (breast or thigh meat). Coat the raw chicken in the marinade and leave in the mixture, covered in the fridge, for 1-2 hours before grilling or barbecuing.